About Green Meadow Country Club
In 1944, members of the historic Helena landmark, The Montana Club, voted to purchase the beautiful acreage belonging to Mrs. Harry W. Child. Thus, the Green Meadow Country Club was founded. The club was ready for play on July 24, 1945. Part of the property is on the former Central Park, an amusement area provided by the Mares brothers in the late 1800’s for public enjoyment. Until 1970, it was necessary to become a member of the Montana Club prior to joining Green Meadow. On May 18, 1970, the two clubs split ownership and became separate corporations.
In 1974, construction began on the second nine holes. After surviving a disastrous flood during construction, the new nine was opened on August 8, 1976. In late 2005, the membership approved the construction of a new clubhouse facility. One year later, a majority of the existing building was razed to make way for a new clubhouse and additional amenities. The new clubhouse was completed in March of 2008.